Pages

Saturday 13 January 2018

Summer learning journey Week 4 Day 5

Day 5: Looking into the Future

Activity 1: Your Future Self
It may be hard to imagine, but one day you will graduate from high school and it will be time to decide what to do next. You may want to study at university, become an apprentice, go to training college, travel, or start working. There are so many options!

Take a minute to think about your future. What would you like to do when you finish school? Would you like to work in a specific job? Would you like to study at university? What would you study? Maybe you’d even like to move overseas. Share your thoughts and ideas on your blog site. There are no wrong answers!
When I finish school, I want to study at university but also have a part-time job. While at university I want to study how to be a doctor and all those big money jobs but I don't work for money I work to help people.

Activity 2: Flying Cars
Let’s imagine that you’ve just learned to drive, and your family has decided to buy you a brand new car. You are allowed to choose from any of the following designs:

Red-Cadillac-750x443.jpghummer.pngflying car (2).jpg

On your blog please tell us which of the three cars you would choose and why.

I chose the black car because it looks the best out of the three, and it will suit me better as a boy and it looks strong.
I didn't like the red car because it doesn't really suit me and plus its to old model and if its broke you probably can't fix it.
I don't like the white car because it might be hard to control the car and plus I haven't seen flying cars drive pass. 

Bonus Activity: Blade Runner 2049
blade runner.jpg
There is a new movie out in cinemas at the moment called Blade Runner 2049.

It is a movie about what the world will be like in the future. Imagine that you able to travel through time and that you can see what the world will look like in 2099.

On your blog write a description of what New Zealand will be like at that time (80 – 90 years from now). What kind of houses will people live in? What will they eat? Where will they work?

The future 
I think the houses that people will live in would be the same but more creative.
I think the food they will eat we'll be the same but different food coming out.
I think the work that people will work at will probably look different.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Opeti,
    Good to see that you've finished the Summer Learning Journey.
    Why would you be a doctor?
    How long do you think it'll take to master being a doctor?

    Good Work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day there Opeti,

    I agree with Jerome and I've always heard about how people wanting to become doctors have to go through pretty hard work for a long time in order to achieve their goals. It's gonna be hard work! But with the right mindset and attitude I believe it would be possible, only if you put your mind to it.

    And I like your point about wanting to work primarily for the people and not the pay. That's sweet :)

    Great job on completing the programme! Good luck for the results and for school next week!

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Opeti,

    Activity 1: Your Future Self.
    Thanks for telling us what you would like to do when you're older. I'm pleased to see that you want to become a doctor, not just for the money, but also to help people! We need more people like you in our world :)
    Do you know where you'd like to study? Do you think you'd stay here in Auckland?

    Activity 2: Flying Cars.
    I like how you've said that you wouldn't pick the red car because it's "too old of a model"— that cracked me up. Personally I think that it's the perfect one out of the three; then again vintage cars are my cup of tea. I also love motorbikes!
    Why do you think that the red car would need to be repaired?

    Bonus Activity: Blade Runner 2049.
    Thanks for telling us what you think the future is going to look like; I'm curious though, what do you mean when you say that you think the houses will be the same, but more creative? How will they be more creative?

    Well done for completing the Summer Learning Journey 2017-2018 programme! You've done such a marvellous job and you should be incredibly proud of yourself, Opeti.

    I look forward to your response!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete