Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer learning journey Week 1 day 1 activity 2


My home sweet home

My hometown is the heart of the eastern side of Auckland named Glen Innes. Glen Innes was named by one of the Taylor brothers William Innes Taylor. Glen Innes was a huge land owned by the Taylor family which they sold it to the government. I lived in this town for four years and I find it a fantastic place to live. I Believe we live on one of the best streets because it has amazing houses and the people here a friendly and self - minded. Our school and shopping are local as well as public transport and beaches. This environment is clean and safe. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Opeti,
    I love the way you named this My home sweet home. What is your favourite shop in Glen Innes? I also love the way how you told us how the street was named and who named the street. Besides that you are doing fantastic.

    Best Wishes
    From your Best friend
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Opeti

    Wow, I really enjoyed reading your description of your home. Glen Innes seems like a really great place to live. Thanks for including the fact about William Innes Taylor. I didn’t know that and always love learning about New Zealand history.

    What are some of your favourite places to visit in Glen Innes? What is your local beach like? My local beach shallow and muddy. It isn’t good for swimming in but it's nice to walk along. I live in Mt Roskill and also really enjoy being surrounded by friendly people. It is so nice to walk down the street and be able to say hello to your neighbours.

    I look forward to reading your reply.

    E noho rā,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Opeti! My name is AJ and I go to Christ The King school.
    I really like how you included some information about the Taylor family and how you explained some of the local places nearby you. I think you structured your work really well, and the people on my street are very friendly too! What is your favourite place to shop at nearby where you live? Keep up the great work!

    I'm also taking part in the summer learning journey programme so here's a link to my blog to see some of my SLJ posts:
    http://ctkajb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete