Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

Summer learning journey Week 4 Day 4

Day 4: Contemporary Entertainment

Activity 1: Moana
moana.jpg
In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui, who goes on a big adventure.

Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?

Moana the Movie

I have watched this movie a number of times and I know it's about a island girl called Moana she was chosen by the sea to put back the heart of Te Fiti. The reason the heart had to be put back was because this dime-God called Maui took it out and the beautiful island of Te Fiti turned into a monster called Te Ka and Maui and Te Ka had war and Maui hit his hook on Te Ka but Te ka was to strong and hit him and Maui fell in the water and vanished. After that Moanas grandma died and the grandmas last words were was go and find Maui and put the heart of Te Fiti back in its place. So Moana went out and sailed across the sea to find Maui, a little later she found Maui and tried to convince him to help her put the heart back but he kept on saying no no no. Then finally he sail yes! and they had to battle coconut heads a crab and Te Ka, until Moana found out that Te Ka was Te Fiti, and lastly Moana put the heart back and Te Ka was Te Fiti once again.

My Favourite Part:

My favourite part of the movie was when Moana and Maui were fighting those coconut heads.

Activity 2: Country Calendar
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

Being a Farmer
I think the hardest thing about being a farmer is keeping the animals safe and healthy.

Reasons I don't want to be a farmer when I am older

I don't want to be a farmer because the poo and the untidy rooms where the animals stay.

Another reason I don't want to be a farmer is because planting the Veg's because you have to always bend down.

Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune
A number of New Zealand (NZ) singers and songwriters have recently burst onto the music scene, becoming popular both in NZ and overseas. One of these artists, Lorde, is gaining a lot of recognition for her unique style and songwriting ability. People all over the world seem to really like the lyrics (words) that she writes in her songs.

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.
One of my favourite songs is by Lucas Graham and the song is called 7 years.
Here is the lyrics

Once I was seven years old, my mama told me, "Go find yourself some friends or you'll be lonely." once I was seven years old.

It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger Pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker By Eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure

Once I was eleven years old my daddy told me "Go get yourself a wife or you'll be lonely."
Once I was eleven years old

I always had that dream like my daddy before me So I started writing songs, I started writing stories Something about that glory, just always seemed to bore me cause only those I really love will ever really know me

Once I was twenty years old. My story got told, Before the morning sun, When life was lonely Once I was twenty years old

I only see my goals I don't believe in failure Cause I know the smallest voices. They can make it major I got my boys with me at least those in favor And if we don't meet before I leave, I hope I'll see you later


Once I was twenty years old. My story got told, I was writing about everything I saw before me Once I was twenty years old

Soon we'll be thirty years old, Our songs have been sold We've travelled around the world and we're still roaming Soon we'll be thirty years old

I'm still learning about life My woman brought children for me So I can sing them all my songs And I can tell my stories Most of my boys a with me Some are still out seeking glory And some I had to leave behind My brother I'm still sorry.

Soon I'll be sixty years old,
my daddy got sixty-one Remember life and then your life becomes a better one I made a man so happy when I wrote a letter once I hope my children come and visit once or twice a month.
[2X]

Soon I'll be sixty years old, Will I think the world is cold Or will I have a lot or children who can warm me?
Soon I'll be sixty years old

Once I was seven years old my mama told me, Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely.
Once I was seven years old

Once I was seven years old { Finish }











1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Opeti :)

    Activity 1: Moana.
    Thank you for giving us a lengthy summary about the movie Moana. I like how you mention Te Fiti and Te Ka, and also that Maui is a demi-God. What do you mean when you say "coconut heads"? — that sounds hilarious.

    Activity 2: Country Calendar.
    Thanks for telling us about what you think it would be like to be a farmer. By the sounds of things it's not for you; being a farmer isn't a pretty job— it takes a lot of hard mahi but it's well-worth the effort when you receive beautiful food back from the land. I grew up on the farm and there's nothing I love more than the serene quiet and the smell of the land.
    What's your ideal place that helps you feel calm?

    Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune.
    Thanks for providing us with lyrics to your favourite song, 7 Years. It sounds like a sequential song. Maybe next time you could add a cool picture of the singer, to help give your viewers a better idea of where this song comes from.

    Keep up the great work, Opeti :)

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete