Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer learning journey Day 1 2017

In the Beginning (1800 - 1870)
Day 1: Arriving in New Zealand
14/12/17 Activity 1: The First Settlers
It is widely believed that the first people to arrive in New Zealand came from Polynesia. Most historians believe that they landed in New Zealand over 700 years ago. Although they were originally from many different countries, these settlers learned to live together and, eventually, formed their own distinct culture known as ‘Māori.’  Māori have their own language, traditions, and culture.

Follow this link to read a short story about a famous man in Māori mythology – Maui. On your blog, post three facts that you learned about this interesting man. What other stories have you heard about Maui?
On your blog, post three facts that you learned about this interesting man.
Three fact's
  1. "I have come to fish because Murirangawhenua said I would be a great fisherman.
  2. "This is the fish that our grandmother, Murirangawhenua.
  3. He always prayerd and that’s how he got a big fish.
What other stories have you heard about Maui?
Maui and the Sun.

Maui brought fire to the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Opeti, great job identifying three facts about Maui. You have chosen some really interesting facts.

    Have you spent much time fishing before? I'm not great at it, I get a bit impatient and give up!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Opeti,
    My name is Christopher
    I really like your interesting facts about Maui and the giant fish I really like the fact about how Maui said "I have come to fish because Murirangawhenua said I would be a great fisherman."

    Well done Opeti keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete