Pages

Sunday 23 July 2017

Day 2 winter learning journey

Activity 1:
Before you start writing, take a minute to read more about Rangitoto island, Karekare beach and Tane Mahuta.  On your blog, tell us which of the three places you most enjoyed visiting and why.  

Answer:
 The place out of them three that I like is Karekare beach, I like Karekare beach because you can swim and it's like the best place to surf, also another thing I like is that it has a beautiful waterfall that why I chose Karekare beach.


Activity 2: As an island nation, New Zealand is completely surrounded by water. It is the perfect place for people who like to swim or to sail! While in Dargaville, recovering from your busy day of sightseeing, you notice a number sailboats going by. One of the boats is manned by a young German girl named Laura Dekker. At the age of fourteen she sailed around the world the entire world by herself. You can watch a short video clip about her adventures here: Laura Dekker sailing trip.   
Let’s imagine that you had the chance to interview Laura while in Dargaville. On your blog post five questions that you would ask her.
Answer:
The five questions I would ask her is
1. Do you travel alone or with people.
2. Do you ever get scared sometimes in case disasters on sea.
3. How many countries have travelled to.
4. Do you ever thought of flying to countries or do you prefer sailing.
5. What do you normally do and ho much rest do you get.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Opeti,

    I really enjoyed coming into St Pius yesterday to hand out the certificates and prizes. There were so many awesome participants, like yourself, who did a great job with their blogging over the winter holiday. I hope that you enjoyed the blogging and that you will join us again in the summer time!

    I also hope that we get the chance to meet Laura Dekker one day and to ask her all of the questions that you provided in your blog. They're great! I also wonder what she normally does (when she's not sailing) and whether or not she gets scared easily. I think that I would have found it pretty scary to be alone on a sailboat in the middle of the ocean by myself. What about you? Would you have been scared?

    Keep up the great work with your blogging in Term 3. I'll see you when I come back in Term 4 to talk about the Summer Learning Journey programme :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete