Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

facts about New Zealand

First fact:
Title: Kiwis love the out door 
Kiwis love the outdoors, there is many different things to do in the outside world there is camping,hiking and a lot of things but our best outside world kiwi is Sir Edmund Hillary.



Second fact:
Title:Early voyagers
over four hundred years before Christopher Columbus was born, Maori people voyagers across the pacific ocean,but from now and then Maori is an important culture in New Zealand.



Third fact:
Title: Mateship on the sporting field 
The two wars saw heavy casualties in male population, but rugby football is the most spectator sport in New Zealand, it is a grass-root and dirty game.  

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Opeti and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme. It is awesome that you have joined us this year! I hope that you will enjoy learning about New Zealand over the next few weeks as you work your way through the Winter Learning Journey programme. There are 20 other activities for you to choose from and each activity is worth points. Every time that you post a blog I will add points to your total! I will also post comments and ask questions about what you have been learning.

    In your first post I can already see that you are doing some great learning. You have shared three different facts with us, each of which is quite unique. Did any of the facts that you discovered surprise you? Were you familiar with Sir Edmund Hillary before you started this programme? He is a very famous New Zealander but he isn't someone we often talk about as he achieved his goal of climbing to the top of Mt Everest many, many years ago.

    Keep up the great work and the great effort, Opeti. I am really looking forward to sharing this learning journey with you.

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Opeti,I love your facts about New Zealand how you said that Kiwis love outdoor and they do so anyway keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Opeti,

    I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada. I'm Rachel's mom and I'm so glad that you've chosen to be a participant in the blogging program on your school holiday. Good for you!
    You've listed some interesting facts about New Zealand. Certainly New Zealands, whether Maori or Pakeha, are very out-doorsy people! I've visited Auckland and walked about the city and so I really admire New Zealanders for their fitness levels. Walking up and down volcanoes and other hills takes strength and endurance!!!

    I hope you've really enjoyed learning more about your country and I hope you're enjoying your school break!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete